Green Tea with Honey & Lemon
Long Leaf Green Tea – 3/4th of a teaspoon
Water – 2 cups
Honey – 6-7 tablespoons as per taste
Lime Juice – 2-3 teaspoons
- Fill a kettle with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Switch off the gas/electric burner and then add the tea leaves (you can use any brand of Green Tea).
- Let it brew for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the honey and taste. Add more, if required.
- Add in the lime juice and stir.
- Pour the tea into 2 cups using a strainer and enjoy the refreshing taste.
(Note: Adding more more tea leaves may make the tea bitter)
Don’t eat an egg because it’s bad for your heart
Eggs do contain a fair bit of cholesterol but that doesn’t mean you have to skip them entirely. Remember, eggs are a rich source of proteins and contain Vitamins A, D & E. Indulge in them sparingly (like twice a week) and you’re good.
Eating mangoes can cause pimples and rash
Unless you happen to be allergic to mangoes, there’s no reason to fear. In any case, pimples and acne are usually caused by a bacterial infection and have no connection with any food group. And mangoes are actually good for your skin as they are rich in Vitamins A & E.
Avoid banana, grapes & chikoo if you’re diabetic
People with diabetes need to watch their carbohydrates intake, irrespective of where this comes from. The only disadvantage of a high-carbohydrate fruit is that you get to eat a smaller portion. So while you may be able to consume a cup or two of watermelon or orange, you can eat only half a cup of chikoo or grapes.