Stir-Fried Tofu with Black Pepper Sauce
Tofu - 1 packet (Cut into smallish squares)
Green Capsicum - 1 small (Diced)
Garlic - 2 Cloves (Chopped Finely)
Olive Oil - 1 Tablespoon
Salt - To Taste
Chings Secret Black Pepper Sauce – 2 Teaspoons
Vegetable Stock/ Chicken Stock – 2 Tablespoons
Chopped Spring Onions (for Garnish)
- Heat the olive oil in a wok. Add the garlic and sauté – don’t let it burn.
- Add the capsicum and stir-fry for a minute or two. Toss in the Tofu and continue to stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the Chings Secret Black Pepper Sauce and cook for two-three minutes.
- Now add vegetable/chicken stock and cook for another minute.
- Turn off the heat. Sprinkle a handful of chopped spring onions and toss it a bit.
- Transfer the stir-fried tofu to a glass or ceramic bowl and serve hot.
Don’t eat an egg because it’s bad for your heart
Eggs do contain a fair bit of cholesterol but that doesn’t mean you have to skip them entirely. Remember, eggs are a rich source of proteins and contain Vitamins A, D & E. Indulge in them sparingly (like twice a week) and you’re good.
Eating mangoes can cause pimples and rash
Unless you happen to be allergic to mangoes, there’s no reason to fear. In any case, pimples and acne are usually caused by a bacterial infection and have no connection with any food group. And mangoes are actually good for your skin as they are rich in Vitamins A & E.
Avoid banana, grapes & chikoo if you’re diabetic
People with diabetes need to watch their carbohydrates intake, irrespective of where this comes from. The only disadvantage of a high-carbohydrate fruit is that you get to eat a smaller portion. So while you may be able to consume a cup or two of watermelon or orange, you can eat only half a cup of chikoo or grapes.